08th October, 2014. 2:36pm
Last night, I received not one, but two emails that was sent through my contact page. It was for a Liebster Award nominations. I was surprised because two of my followers nominated me for the said blogging event. I don’t know what made them give me this award, but just the thought that not only one, but two people thought that I deserved the spot is too much for one heart.
So what exactly is The Liebster Awards all about? I asked our beloved Google and this is what I got:
One of the earliest post was from a German blogger, Bird of a Paradise Blog. Of course, I couldn’t understand a word on her blog because it was in German, but her post dated back in December 2010. I have been blogging since what, 2005? and I haven’t even heard about the thing. I must have been blogging for myself since then (and it’s weird because my other blog has a page rank of 1).
Since we’re already in 2014, the rules have been tweaked and I’m okay with that. But as of today, here’s how it works:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
When Mauvora included me in Dardos Award, I was like, “Cool, thanks!” I wasn’t really expecting any of this because hello, this is the World Wide Web. There are thousands of blogs out there that are much better than mine. So when I received two emails from Courtney and Jen saying that they nominated me for the said award, I was speechless. I couldn’t believe it. I just never really thought my blog would get this far.
So THANK YOU, because I never imagined that actual, real, live people would read and like my blog entries. I never thought someone would actually follow my blog because they like what they read and not because they are expecting a follow back (like a lot of people on Twitter) even though I suck at checking out their own blogs.
I thought only bots would want to read and like my posts so to know that someone would actually read and follow my blog who patiently awaits what I have to share is incredibly humbling. I hope I haven’t bore any of you with my constant rave and rants with things I’m obsessed with.
So to start with, here are the 11 Random Facts About Me:
- I am obsessed with brownies. I looooove brownies. Every time someone post a picture of a brownie on Instagram I just wanna punch them in the face because it makes me hungry and crave for the thing.
- I am very OC when it comes to my room. I don’t care if I leave it unclean for days, but NOBODY TOUCHES MY ROOM!
- Harry Potter is my all-time favorite book series, but I have read Catching Fire and Mockingjay about 5 to 6 times each.
- I can’t go on a day without reading or writing, even if it’s just on my diary or reading tweets. I HAVE TO READ AND WRITE.
- Ever since my grandfather died in 2007, I keep seeing feathers in my bedroom and whenever I see one, something happens. And no, I don’t have feathered pillows nor do we have birds inside and outside the house.
- I’ve always feel like I’m going to die in 2032 because the fortune teller machine in the arcade when I was a kid said so.
- I have very vivid dreams. Sometimes I even see the future through my dreams.
- Speaking of dreams, I also communicate with my dead mother through my dreams. OFTEN.
- When I’m in the mood, I can write an article in 30 minutes or less. When my mind is somewhere else, it will take me up to an hour or two.
- When I was a kid, they said they put me inside the washing machine and washed me there that’s why I have such a fair skin compared to my brown-skinned brother and sister. I believed them.
- I love Charmed. There’s not a year when I don’t re-watch even just an episode.
And now, to answer Courtney‘s 11 Questions:
- What is your biggest fear in life?
Failing. And skipping work (I know, I love my job too much). And losing my siblings.
- If you had the chance to move to Mars, knowing you could never return to Earth, would you? Why?
If I can move with my family, then yes. Home is where my family is.
- Which do you prefer: dogs or cats?
Cats, although we’ve never had one. They’re just so quiet and graceful.
- What do you wish you had done when you were younger that you never got to do?
Attend gymnastics and swimming lessons that I was supposed to go. I know how to swim now but I still wish I’d have gone.
- Where is your favorite place in the world?
My room. It’s where I can do everything I want without anyone judging.
- If you were stranded on a deserted island with one thing, what would it be?
A knife. Or probably a water bottle that doesn’t run out of water.
- Do you believe in ghosts?
Yes, and I don’t mind them being around as long as we co-exist peacefully with each other.
- What food could you not live without?
Pepperoni Pizza or any bread.
- If you could choose your own theme song what would it be?
I Was Here by Beyonce.
- Christmas or Halloween?
Christmas, because it means family reunion.
- What is the most influential book you have ever read?
Harry Potter. JK Rowling was the reason I fell in love with reading.
Now, to answer Jen‘s questions:
- What is your favorite quote?
“The wrong thing done for the right reason is still the wrong thing.” — Phoebe Halliwell, Charmed (season 2, episode ‘Morality Bites’)
- Your favorite food?
(Pepperoni) Pizza and Pasta
- Your favorite vacation?
Anywhere with my family
- Your favorite book?
Seriously?! I have a lot! Harry Potter series, Brain on Fire by Susannah Cahalan, Hunger Games trilogy, Tuesdays With Morrie, If I Stay, and a whole lot more!
- Your favorite color?
Pink, Turquoise, Black and White
- Your favorite movie?
all Harry Potter films, Silver Linings Playbook, a bunch of Disney animated films
- Your favorite outfit?
A dress or shirtdress with shorts then sandals. I’m not a jean and t-shirt kinda girl.
- Your favorite place?
bookstores and my room
- Your favorite drink?
Can I say water?
- Your favorite flower?
Pink Tulips or Pink or White Roses
- Your favorite blog?
The Commons. I’m learning a lot from participating in Blogging 101
And now, I present to you, the 11 bloggers I nominate for the Liebster Award:
- I Put The Ass in Sassy
- Lucile de Godoy, On Life
- I Am Jo Ann
- Wistful Xtina
- Evolving Ruminations
- Oh The Places You’ll Go
- Kelebek Ali
11 Questions to ponder for my nominees:
- If you were given the chance to obtain one power, what would it be?
- You were given the chance to ask the President to do one thing for you (change the law, anything) that’s sure to be approved, what would it be?
- If you could read only one book for the rest of your life, what would it be (fine, you can choose a series)?
- What was the first thing that came to your mind when you woke up this morning?
- There’s a cup in front of you, what was in it?
- If you were to live in any fictional world (Hogwarts, Panem, Wonderland, Neverland, you name it), which would you choose?
- Which of your favorite foods you CAN live without but a drink you CANNOT not have in a day without?
- Your memories are about to be erased but you’re allowed to retain just one memory, what would you choose?
- You were to battle a formidable foe. Which would you rather go up against – Voldemort, Loki or Darth Vader?
- You have a 1,000 bill in your hand and you’re supposed to spend it in one item, what would you buy?
- Lastly, be honest, what do you think of the 10 questions above?
As previously mentioned by bloggers who participated in the Liebster Award, it is up to you whether you wanted to accept the nomination or not. I know it’s a bit taxing, but who doesn’t love awards? And come on, you know you’re blog is amazing, too, right?