01st December, 2014. 4:30pm
Today, the question for the Daily Prompt’s Someone Else’s Island goes:
We’ve all been asked what five objects we’d take with us to a desert island. Now it’s your best friend’s (or close relative’s) turn to be stranded: what five objects would you send him/her off with?
My best friend’s name is Lazelle (pronounced ‘Lay-zelle’) and if she was stranded in an island, I’d probably send her these:
1. Her cellphone – fully-charged, with internet: so that she can make a call or send messages via the internet.
2. Powerbank – for when her battery runs out.
3. Swiss Army Knife – because I’m pretty sure she can use this to build a raft, get some food, and act as a weapon to protect herself
4. A tumbler/jug of fresh, clean water – one can survive without food for more than three weeks, but without water, you’ll only last three days. I’m pretty sure she can find food and make some shelter in the island, but she still needs clean water so I’m sending her one.
5. Myself – I thought about this one long and hard. I don’t want to send her son, Rayne, because it will just make it harder for her to get off the island, but what better way to get stuck on an island than with a friend, right? Together, we’ll have more chance to survive, seek help and get off the island together.
Although, maybe I should just take her home when I get there, right? Why didn’t I think that before? Haha! Stupid me.